This workshop aims to provide you with suitable skills to incorporate cryptographic techniques as composition tools within the Max environment.
Session Learning Outcomes
By the end of this session a successful student will be able to:
● Apply a cryptographic method for data mapping;
● Explore realtime adaptable audio looper;
● Construct a time based generative decision maker;
● Build an cryptography based looper.
Session Study Topics
● [Coll] and [Zl] combinations for data storage and parsing;
● [Sfplay~], [sfinfo~] and @seek
iterations to create modular and
● [expr] for loop-adaptable equations.
● [if] for more complex decision-making operations
- A computer and internet connection
- A web cam and mic
- A Zoom account
- Access to a copy of Max 8 (i.e. trial or full license)
About the workshop leader
James Wilkie is a UK-based Sound Artist and composer.
He is currently creating his own work and collaborating with cross disciplinary artists in dance, film, and fine art, producing immersive AV experiences.