Date & Time: Monday 15th March 2021 6pm GMT / 7pm CET / 11am PST / 2pm EST
This workshop aims to provide you with suitable skills to incorporate cryptographic techniques as composition tools within the Max environment.
Session Learning Outcomes
By the end of this session a successful student will be able to:
● Apply a cryptographic method for data mapping;
● Explore realtime adaptable audio looper;
● Construct a time based generative decision maker;
● Build an cryptography based looper.
Session Study Topics
● [Coll] and [Zl] combinations for data storage and parsing;
● [Sfplay~], [sfinfo~] and @seek
iterations to create modular and
● [expr] for loop-adaptable equations.
● [if] for more complex decision-making operations
- A computer and internet connection
- A web cam and mic
- A Zoom account
- Access to a copy of Max 8 (i.e. trial or full license)
About the workshop leader
James Wilkie is a UK-based Sound Artist and composer.
He is currently creating his own work and collaborating with cross disciplinary artists in dance, film, and fine art, producing immersive AV experiences.