RunwayML is a platform that offers AI tools to artists without any coding experience. Max/MSP is a visual programming environment used in media art that can be used to control RunwayML in a more efficient way. At the end of the workshop you will be able to train trendy machine learning models and generate videos by walking a latent space through Max and NodeJS.
Session Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course a successful student will be able to:
Understand the RunwayML workflow
Use Node4Max to control RunwayML and generate a video.
Explore ML trendy models
Create a Dataset
Train a ML model
Process videos with the VIZZIE library.
– Introduction to the course
– What’s machine learning, deep learning and neural networks?
– What’s RunwayML?– What’s Max/MSP/Jitter and NodeJS?– Dataset and models training with RunwayML
– What’s a GAN and styleGAN?
– Latent space walk
– Image and video generation with RunwayML, Max and Node4Max (part 1)
Session 3– Image and video generation with RunwayML, Max and Node4Max (part 2)Session 4
– processing Images and videos with VIZZIE2 and Jitter.
Session Study Topics
Generate images and video through AI
Request data to models and save images on your local drive
Generate video from images
Communication protocols (web sockets and https requests)
AI models used in visual art.
A computer and internet connection
Access to a copy of Max 8 (either trial or licence)
- A code editor such as Visual Studio Code, Sublime or Atom
- Attendees need to create a RunwayML account - https://app.runwayml.com/signup.
- Upon setting up an account you will receive 10$ credit for free
- Approx. 50$ credits will be required to complete the course however these do not need to purchased in advance
- 20% RunwayML discount code will be provided to participant who sign up to the course
About the workshop leader
Marco Accardi is a trained musician, multimedia artist, developer and teacher based in Berlin.
He is the co-founder of Anecoica, a collective that organises events combining art, science and new technologies.