Date & Time: Saturday 28th August 4pm UK / 5pm Berlin / 8am LA / 11am NYC
Level: Open to all levels
Meetups are a great way to meet and be inspired by the TouchDesigner community.
What to expect?
The meetup runs via Zoom, the main session will be 2-hours in length with an additional hour open to the community for collaboration and sharing in breakout rooms.
This session focuses on The Future of TouchDesigner and New Media Art and will feature presentations from expert practitioners.
Scottie J. Fox - The Live-Edited Experience
- Bio: Scottie is a real-time mixed visual artist and software developer from Boston, USA - specializing in improv, moment arts, dance and augmented reality
- Description: An exploration into the possibilities and frontier of real time illusion of performance arts using mixed reality of both real and digital effects to create a showcase of what is now available at the user level, where previously only achievable in post studio production
- To find out more: ://twitter.com/ScottieFoxTTV & https://www.twitch.tv/scottie_fox/
Karyn Nakamura - Interactive Experiments With Kinect
- Description: Showing some examples of interactive experiments using motion tracking with Kinect as well as my personal future plans with the Kinect and other rising technology
- To find out more: https://www.instagram.com/frog_spit_simulation/
Elburz Sorkhabi - Your Career In Interactive & Immersive Media
- Bio: Elburz Sorkhabi is the co-founder of The Interactive & Immersive HQ and one of the top TouchDesigner developers in the world. He brings insight he has used to lead clients including Google, Kanye West, Netflix, TIFF, Burj Khalifa, Nike, Under Armour, and many more around the world from Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Toronto, Montreal, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Paris
- Description: One of the hardest parts of making the art you dream about is actually having a career that allows you to be creative and dedicate yourself full-time to your craft. In this talk, Elburz breaks down common barriers to building a career by providing actionable advice and answering common questions about how to get gigs and make a living doing the work you love
- To find out more:
Following these presentations breakout rooms are created where you can:
Talk to the presenters and ask questions
Join a room on topics of your choice
Show other participants your projects, ask for help, or help others out
Collaborate with others
Meet peers in the chill-out breakout room
- A computer and internet connection
- A Zoom account
Berlin Code of Conduct
We ask all participants to read and follow the Berlin Code of Conduct and contribute to creating a welcoming environment for everyone.
Supported by TouchDesigner